- (June) Leading a reading group on Causal Learning this summer at UVA, along with Hannah Chen.
- (May) Received the John A. Stankovic Graduate Research Award from the CS deparment at UVA for excellence in research during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- (February) Presented our work on Dissecting Distribution Inference at SaTML in Raleigh!
- (January) Runner-up for the MICO challenge (CIFAR track), co-located with SaTML!
- Reviewer duties: NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, CVPR, ICML Workshop on Federated Learning and Analytics in Practice (FL-ICML)
- (December) Passed my PhD Dissertation Proposal!
- (November) Appointed Social Rep for the CS Department Graduate Student Group (CSGSG) for 2023.
- (September) Gave remote talks on our ongoing work with distribution inference at the University of Melbourne and at IIITH.
- (July) Presented our work on Formalizing and Estimating Distribution Inference Risks at PETS in Sydney!
- (March) Took a Guest Lecture on Privacy in Genomics for CS4501 this Spring.
- (February) TA for CS4501: Computational Biology / Biological Computing this Spring
- Reviewer duties: NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, CVPR, ARR, TPAMI, ICLR Workshop on Socially Responsible Machine Learning (SRML)
- (September) Passed my PhD Qualifying Exam!
- (September) Starting an internship at Oracle Research this semester! Will be working on investigating aspects of Privacy in Machine Learning systems.
- (February) TA for CS4501: Introduction to Computer Vision this Spring
- Reviewer duties: ICLR (Outstanding Reviewer), NeurIPS, ICCV (Outstanding Reviewer), EMNLP, ACL-IJCNLP, ICLR Workshop on Security and Safety in Machine Learning Systems, CVPR Workshop on Adversarial Machine Learning in Real-World Computer Vision Systems and Online Challenges (AML-CV), ICML Workshop on Socially Responsible Machine Learning, Workshop on Adversarial Robustness In the Real World (ICCV)
- (Dec) I will be giving a talk on Property Inference Attacks at the 5th Microsoft Security Data Science Colloquium
- (October) Co-President of Animal Justice Advocates at UVa. Look forward to helping our University transition to cruelty-free practices and alternatives!
- (August) TA for CS 6501/4501: Vision and Language this Fall
- (May) Leading weekly meetings for the Adversarial Machine Learning Study Group for this Summer, along with Hannah Chen
- (Feb) Our lab had a site visit from Penn State (Patrick’s group) as part of a CTML Summit
- Reviewer duties: ACL, ECCV Workshop on Adversarial Robustness in the Real World
- (Sep) I will be visiting Penn State from Sept 16-18 with my advisor and our research group for an NSF Site Visit (CTML Group)
- (Aug) I will be joining the University of Virginia as a PhD student in Computer Science under Professor David Evans this month!
- (Jul) After working for a delightful 13 months with an amazing set of colleagues, I left Microsoft IDC. They’ll all be missed very much!
- (Apr) I will be visiting the Intelligent Cloud Conference 2019 in Copenhagen, Denmark in the first week of April to give a talk on my team’s work: Project Personality Chat.
- (Nov) I will be at EMNLP, being held in Belgium, Germany.
- (Oct) I will be visiting Microsoft Research, Redmond for the last two weeks of October. First time outside Asia!